Saturday 17 February 2007

Dragonfly part 1









I have been fascinated by these ancient insects since a I was a wee child. They are so interesting to watch and be around. In South America they believe that when a person dies their soul travels/leaves within a dragonfly. In Swedish they are called Trollslaenda, and in Norwegian Oeyensticker, in German Libelle, in Spanish Libellula...
I am also a passionate swimmer and often find in lakes and rivers that I swim with the dragonflies. They are so beautiful, so magical and varied.

At two turning points in my life I have had dragonflies tattooed on my body in places that are very private and personal. It has been a statement and a marking for me and anyone close to me. A totem animal, a power animal as it were. I can see them when I need to but I can also not.

No comments: