Thursday 14 June 2007

Gardens of my life 2

Make Way for Ducklings from the childrens book by the same title. A bronze sculpture installation which quite often "loses" a duckling now and again! Mother Duck is off picture.
The Swan Boat fleet in the lake of the Boston Public Garden.
The Boston Public Garden is one of the oldest city parks in the Northeast. It has ancient trees from around the world which are identified much like in an arboretum. It is an oasis in the Back Bay and Beacon Hill area and very Henry James/Edith Wharton in spirit. I used to go every spring to ride the famous Swan Boats for my birthday. The ride is so gentle and slow it makes you relax and take it easy right away. I love the weeping willows drooping over the lake and when I was at Emerson College I would visit them in my lunch hour and lie in their shade.
This garden is serene and beautiful and well-used! Go and visit and enjoy!

No comments: