Tuesday 31 July 2007

Death

Ingmar Bergman died at age 89 on Faro(his beloved island),Gotland on July 30th 2007.
I have never been to Faro although I have been to Visby and around Gotland. I remember the rune stones, we learned to read runes at school. I felt as though I knew him. by growing up in Sweden and also in close proximity. Most probably it is because of his films. He is naked in them and the experience very intimate.
I will miss him, and the possibility of further works and insights. I learned a lot from him. A lot. Thank you. Tack Ingmar. Tusen tack. Du har levt ett rikt liv och givit mycket.

I love this photo of Liv Ullman and Ingmar Bergman.

This is Ingmar Bergmans's compound on Faro, Gotland in the Baltic sea of Sweden. To the right is his private cinema outbuilding!

No comments: