Tuesday 1 July 2008

White Rabbits

Getting ready to be on the road for July. Mainly to take In Person 30 Poets the dvd-book from Bloodaxe Books to festivals and events around the UK.
I enjoyed the garden today in the unusually warm temperature. Planting the pots of plants I still had around but the weather had been so cold and wet I just had not done it yet. Sibirian Iris, White Dicentra, Euphorbia, Cowslips and Ox-Eyed Daisies...
Plus I mulched the Tuscany Superb rose I planted last month.
At the moment lots of species roses are in bloom, the white jasmine, cranebill geraniums, honeysuckle climbing everywhere and it looks so wild and wonderful.
I napped with Fergus and enjoyed his steady breathing and smacking sounds. I think he dreams he is eating something very yummy! He is so affectionate and lies close and I cannot stop looking at him and his little red head!
I will miss all the darling adorable cats when I am away. Very much.

1 comment:

autumnleaf said...

p
thanks again for inviting us into your garden...your descriptions of your plantings make one look up the various green beings to make an image of what your fingers are tickling into life...hope all goes well for you on the road-remember to breathe..
just got back from nyc and am writing you snail mail...til then
ciao
j