Friday 24 April 2009

B-Earthday

I have had my very own birthday on Earth day! I love that the two are the same date.
This year I was in Grasmere in the Lake District for the day and night.
We had to go over to Dove Cottage, The Wordsworth Trust to film Tomas Venclova and Ellen Hinsey. They were reading from their new books in the church in the middle of Grasmere. It is a very unusual building and the Wordsworths are buried in the churchyard. The last and only time I was there was for Robert Woof's funeral and so it was especially uplifting to be there for a memorable poetry reading.
As birthdays go it was alright I suppose. A lot of work though and rushing around but then I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening with my son in Hexham. He cooked us a delicious Japanese dinner. It was a warm sunny afternoon and we had tea outside in his courtyard and then took a drive in the countryside. Bought country eggs at Wall, sat on the bench with the glorious view at Anick and wishing the Rat was open, visited Barrasford and explored that area.
Today the kittens are 2. So they are officially cats now! We will celebrate them over the weekend.
On sunny warm days Northumberland has a unique feeling. Spacious and liberating.

No comments: