Friday 30 October 2009

Autumnal feelings


Sternen. The Star. This is the Inn where we would go on special occasions to eat røsti and spiegeleier and drink apfelwein.


A view of Worb with the church in the foreground and the castle behind Schloss Worb.


This is an old archival photo of Worb.


A panorama of Worb we could see when we went for walks.

Melancholy and nostalgia are feelings which take over me in autumn time.
I used to walk in Stockholm in some of my favourite parks kicking leaves and daydreaming. Counting the days, till I could be free.
Birches are plentiful in Sweden. They touch me with their long pale limbs.
Once in Warsaw in the autumn I was in a park with a statue of Chopin, this is a vivid memory. Hearing Polish and listening in. Drinking in a Dairy bar a glass of cream! Imagine.
Living i Switzerland and going for long walks in the countryside. Worb was a place I loved living, it was on a traditional farm that had a cottage/støckli. It was adorable, cosy and heated with a kakelofen. The view was over a cherry orchard and hens pecking about the grass.
Hazelnut bush next to the veranda, a pig and cows with bells. Just below us in the garden were goats. It was wonderful. It is one of my favourite places of all time.

No comments: