Monday 28 May 2007

Le Jardin des herbes

I am planting a herb garden here at Sheep Cottage with the waxing moon.
I have put in French tarragon, Sudbury rosemary, thyme, sweet marjoram, sage and seeds for chives a whole long row of them. Hidcote lavender by the milkchurn and the rosa canina. The milkchurn is the postbox inspired by a trip to Australia!
I have put down flat stones to step on and all this is in the sunniest location facing south and west.
I am hoping the fierce south westerly winds will let the garden settle in.
I can not imagine anything tastier than going outside to pick herbs for the cooking of that evenings meal!
I will put more in as the beds are getting prepared.
It is all shaping up albeit slowly and I am keeping the wilderness feel to the place. Well djungle really!

I have always dreamed of having a jardin des herbes and voila it is happening!

No comments: