Thursday 22 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!



I confess I feel nostalgic about this holiday. I used to love it when I lived in the States. A group of friends getting together with great food, conversation, walks and talks and togetherness. Of course each year was different since I did not have "family" as such there. I enjoy looking back over the many Thanksgivings and remembering each one's pros and cons. One year when Greg cooked his first turkey, the turkey was the other red meat!
I especially loved the ones I spent on Cape Cod! Local cranberries picked and used for the cranberry sauce and relish.
In any case this holiday is the least commercial and the most about being. Eating in good company and enjoying it. Hopefully!
However the Native Americans do not celebrate this holiday since it led to a massacre when they so kindly came to share their food with the starving pilgrims.

No comments: