Wednesday 11 February 2009

Beekeeping and Moonrise

Yesterday I made my weekly trip to Hexham, our nearest market town, just south of Hadrian's Wall.
After a sumptious lunch with Noah and a love session with Sofie, my grand-cat we went to visit a painter, Paul Stangroom, who now lives in Hexham and paints Northumberland. He is an extraordinary crafts-man.
It was a very warm, jolly and enjoyable visit. Noah took to Paul right away.
Then I had planned to go to an Introduction to Beekeeping talk at the local high school.
I arrived as the moon was rising large and very yellow over the Hexham abbey. Absolutely stunning.
The talk was very informative and they also showed us a dvd film on the ins and outs of the "hobby". It is more of a calling and a communion really. I am interested for several reasons. There are courses offered and membership in an association also. I am thinking about it, because, although I live in the countryside, my actual garden area is quite small. Probably too small to keep bees. But I am going to find out more!

No comments: