Thursday 5 February 2009

Daffodils

From olde English affodyle, early arrival.

I have filled the cottage with bunches of daffodils! It looks so lovely, spring-like and fresh.Yellow is the colour of hope.
Outside it is frozen and cold with white sheep pastures all around. Inside is yellow daffodils.
Yesterday was a very nice day in Hexham. Thank you Noah! I had lunch with the best cook I know and then we did errands around town in Hexham.
Noah found a small bed for Sofie! It was a former doll's bed.When we got back to his flat he made it up and added her special knitted blanky and she promptly plopped herself on it and loved it.I took a photo, it was so unbelievably cute a wee cat on a wee bed.
We then made an outing to Prudhoe a town further down the river Tyne. Noah had heard about a salvage place and charity shops...we were a bit disappointed but still we saw an amazing castle ruin on a hill by the river which we shall return to and explore in spring.
I bought duck eggs and daffodils in the market place, and a nice big baking bowl.Duck eggs are especially suited for baking. My specialty is Swedish visiting cake!

No comments: