Tuesday 3 February 2009

Snowstill


For the past couple of days and nights Britain has been brought to a standstill because of snowfall, airports closed, no buses running in London, motorways gridlocked for hours, schools closed...It was about 1 foot of snow at the most and lots of ice on the roads too.
I am laughing at it because after living in the States for as long as I did, at the most the children would get a snow day, buses still ran and trains and cars were on the roads the next morning. Okay there was a lot of shoveling but snowploughs had been out all night usually and people could get to work.
I love seeing the children sledding and having fun and it was on the news as quite an extensive report!
Snow is childhood. My memories just welled up of Swedish winters with plenty of snow and playing outside until toes froze and cheeks were bright red. So much fun and now I want to go out and play, see ya!

No comments: