Tuesday 17 March 2009

Day in Durham


Yesterday I spent the day going to Durham University and had a very good time. Thanks to Hazel!
I went to show my film IMAGO Meret Oppenheim and have a seminar with the students on Surrealism. They were a lively group and it was very stimulating. Good questions! I always love that! Something to work with.
The drive there was okay, the promised sunny weather was no where to be seen. The drive back was more tiring and so I took a break in Hexham visiting Noah for tea which became dinner! He is an amazing cook!
Durham is a beautiful town. It wraps itself around the river and up high stand the Cathedral and Castle with University buildings scattered all over.I really felt compelled to bring Noah there on a day trip.
I find I enjoy teaching immensely. Being in touch with young persons and learning a great deal through their curiosity.
If you ever have a chance to visit Durham. Do!

No comments: