Thursday 5 March 2009

Going south

I am preparing for a trip south! Living in the north that is what is said up here. South. Just south. Nothing more specific than that. Just like vice versa going north. Just north.
In any case I shall be filming on Sat not for a specific project but because it may be of interest. A visit to Ralph Steadman an artist who has worked extensively with Adrian Mitchell and also Hunter S Thomson. Both have recently died and I am sure Mr Steadman has been deeply affected.
We shall be visiting his studio to pick out drawings for the latest Mitchell book, so that should be fascinating.
Other than that I want to see Annette Messager's exhibition at the Hayward Gallery "The Messengers". I have always really liked her work and felt close to her concerns. This is the first retrospective in this country ever, and long overdue.
Hopefully there will also be time to go to the Triennale at the Tate.
This is an art trip more than a poetry one, usually they are combined and with filming too.
Seeing my oldest and bestest friend Paul will be a big bonus and a treat!

No comments: