Friday 3 April 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today my father is 77. A beautiful number. In Japan they celebrate double digits in the way we celebrate even birthdays.
My father is in Stockholm and I called him this morning. He said the sun was shining but they had no signs of spring yet.
In the afternoon he was going on an outing to a small celebration in his honour.
He loves seafood and Princess cake. I think they will spoil him with shrimps and lobster his favourite.
I was happy that he has something to look forward to especially after this excruciatingly LONG cold and dark winter.
I sent him a beautiful card of a painting by Paul Stangroom of the Northumberland landscape.
Princess cake is my favourite cake too and my brother's and Noah's and and and...
It is delicious.
I have not seen him in a while and I am thinking it is time.

No comments: