Tuesday 24 November 2009

Mountain and valley track, the woodie, a roller coaster

You know what I am talking about, and it is often used as a metaphor for states of mind, states of the world etc.
My mood swings can be like that. Worse than a grandfather clock pendulum! At least faster.

The weather is ferocious. Cumbria has been rained upon for so many days now that the bridges are collapsing, towns are getting cut off, high streets flooded including homes and shops, people are homeless, and there have been casualties...

In our neck of the woods, or fells as it may be, has had its fair share of rain and wind, the fields are soggy, the burns are flooded and still it rains.
The three cats sit in their window baskets looking out forlornly. It is tough going.
But of course nothing like what others around the world have suffered.
I count my blessings. One by one. I fill my note book of gratitude.

No comments: