Wednesday 7 February 2007

Musings on ships

I was delighted to receive a comment for the Creative Couplings post. Thank you Maitresse! The book which Isabelle de Courtivron co-edited with Whitney Chadwick is called Significant Others and is fascinating reading. The other one by Nancy Huston I have not seen and I will look for it pronto.
Creative Couplings seems like such an ideal state of being/living/creating. To have support, someone to discuss issues with and two possibly compatible and complimentary minds at work together. Yin and Yang.
I just co-edited a book of poetry called Soul Food with my partner, as they say in the UK. It sounds pretty business-like. Other expressions I know of are Significant Other, lover, boy/girl friend, wife/husband,...None seem to fit the bill for me.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Anyhow it was a rewarding experience because we had very differnet things to offer the project.
The book comes out in May from Bloodaxe Books. The cover is a detail from a Zurbaran painting.
When I read Janet Kaplans monograph on Remedios Varo I was totally absorbed in the intense friendship between her and Leonora Carrington. They were eachothers life-line and inspiration. The met practically every day when they both lived in Mexico City. Such a bond between these two amazing women!
Friend-ship and a sense of soul-ship is essential for me in this life. The river of life has many boats on it some are even ships.

1 comment:

maitresse said...

you're welcome!