Wednesday 12 August 2009

List references

The last posts have been catch-up ones refering back to The List I made July 28th 2009 on here.
As I look at it now I can not imagine trying to catch up anymore so much is happening every day as it is!

Tonight is the night of the shooting stars - meteor showers galore. Outside is clear and we shall look to the skies.

Planting in the garden today big time! A lovely day with sun and breeze, cats running about the garden, Milo in his birdhouse, the Jacobs grazing next door...
A fragrant double white peony found its home at the cottage corner just under a rambling rose I think called Ballerina. A Mexican daisy along the path to the door where it can self-seed and fall over the path. I like the path huggers that cascade onto the stones.
New grasses, one a zebra grass with striking foliage, another a green clump which turns golden and Ben found places for the lady's mantles and euphorbias along the wild lane and in the shade by the cottage as well.
We checked on Pauls Himalayan Musk a climbing rose we just planted about a month ago and it is thriving! Lovely! Next year I may even see some roses.
The Dark night/knight buddleia is just opening its arching dark purple blooms and monkshood stand erect about to open also.
So all the pots have been planted-great! I set Ben this task called "Spot the Pot" and he smiles...
Coffee, tea and short bread at the garden table/potting surface with a red checked table cloth on-very posh indeed.
I do enjoy the garden mornings on Wednesdays I really do and so did Myles today because he made friends with Ben big time!
The preparations are now almost complete before going away. I just have to re-pot a couple of indoor thrivers and water everything and place it strategically so that they are sheltered yet receive rain water too.

No comments: