Tuesday 27 January 2009

Waiting with anticipation

The past couple of days have been surprisingly mild and even some sun!
As I wander the wee garden I look for signs of spring. Primavera is such a beautiful word for spring. At the very moment small snowdrops around the front door are peaking out. The Japanese quince bush has tiny buds, and I have spotted other bulb appearances around. No flowers other than snowdrops. They are so dear to me like wild primroses are also. Spring in England can be summed up by snowdrops, pale yellow primroses and bluebells.
The call of the curlew and the larks too, when they return we know spring is here.
Primavera, the first truth?
Spring is my season I love spring. It fills me with such excitement and love of life again. Joie de vivre.
To express myself I feel as though I need all languages at my fingertips my tongue tip rather.
Growing up bi-lingual I felt as though I existed in an interface between two languages/cultures etc and it was in that space that all was fluid and could be essentially merged. Later in the world at large it was either one or the other.
This needed adjustment and I think it is therefore I really love talking and thinking to myself where I can use whatever words I wish as long as I understand them!
Tell me about your spring.

No comments: