Friday 30 January 2009

Weather and mindfulness

Leek show in Northumberland ca. 1938

WOW!

We have some serious weather coming our way so we better prepare! Get groceries, candles, wood, fuel for lanterns, matches, and finally the Guardian Saturday paper and our local Hexham Courant. The Courant cannot compete even with one vowel with the Provincetown Banner! Both are local area rags but the Banner has so much more cultural stuff in it where as in the Courant it is practically non-existent. However the Courant does have great coverage in the autumn on the local leek shows with photos of winning leeks and their growers. They are huge and that is how they win, the bigger the better.
It is not about taste here.I will see if I can find an image to post.
Russian winds,temperatures and snow is on the way. Get cosy and work is my motto!
I also have a daily body scan to do for the mindfulness course I am taking. It is very intense lying on the floor and breathing into all the parts of your body. I feel as though I am floating. I wonder how the cats will respond!

No comments: