Tuesday 3 November 2009

Full Moon and mammogram






Days and nights of rain, flood warnings in Wales, and the South West. The moon rising during the sunset-magical.

Mammogram made me think of colours. I was in a trailer in a parking lot outside Waitrose in Hexham. An NHS wandering clinic...6 mins per woman a true conveyor belt. In and then out. Done.

I thought about colours. Colours for the bathroom and kitchen to cheer me up during these dark times. 6 months of darkness as I say. Two seasons here: winter and not winter.

Some ideas above that inspire me in these photos. In each pic is an element I would draw from. I like the terracotta pots for lamps! The colourful aestethic mess. The welcoming and calming aspect of the colours chosen. My kitchen is very small, a true cottage kitchen. it has a sloping ceiling, a boiler takes up space, an icebox, a small powerful stove/cooker, not enough shelving or storage or prep area...A pantry would be nice. Nesting dreams on a dark autumn night after a day of some stress.

No comments: